Every business is on a three-step journey: survive, adapt, and thrive. Before COVID-19 hit, many were adapting or had adapted and were thriving, only to be thrown backwards to tread water once it did. With the effects of the pandemic still causing havoc, business owners now need to adapt to move from ‘surviving’ to ‘thriving’ once more. So how do you do that? How does your marketing need to change in turbulent times?
Your clients want to feel supported
One thing is for sure: your clients (and potential clients) are struggling and they have no desire to be sold to.
So what does this mean for you?
While people may not be receptive to the usual marketing efforts and ways of winning business, if you can offer them value and support during this difficult time, you can win some very loyal clients.
Yes, they might not be interested in a pitch, but they’re struggling. Many may be realising that they have been receiving poor service and have been turning to Google and social media to research their needs.
Never before have they been so motivated to do something about these so this is a unique opportunity for you. If you market right, there has never been an easier time to win clients.
Key marketing activities to prioritise right now
- Invest in ways to quickly update your client base on the changing realities
- Give your website a COVID-19 refresh
- Call all of your clients and find out how you can support them
- Be “there” for them so that you become part of their ‘war cabinet’
- Help your clients build their strategy to adapt and thrive
- Reconnect with your old prospects and offer this help
- Be active on social media and share useful content to boost your credibility
- Collect the great testimonials that you are receiving throughout the pandemic
- Plan your clients’ communication and content for the next 1-3 months