GREEN IS THE NEW BLACK
Trees. Water. Carbon emissions. Time. Money. The environmental impact of paper production in the financial industry is significant and yet completely avoidable. In an age where nearly everything is digital and in the cloud, we needen’t use so much paper. Using an online calculater we have esstimated that as firm we save the following per year:
- 450kgs of Wood
- 10,900 Litres of Water
- 7000 hours
Worldwide the use of paper has risen by 400% in the last 40 years. The paper industry is the fifth largest consumer of energy in the world. Going paperless can help:
- Save trees – Trees provide habitats for animals, covert CO2 to oxygen and help clean our water.
- Save water – To make 1 A4 peice of paper it take 10 liters of water. Being paperless can help conserve our worlds water sources.
- Reduce polution – Making one tonne of paper emits more than 1.5 tonnes of CO2 equivalent. Using elss will help reduce the number of pollutants in our atmosphere.
- Fuel – Documents need to get from A to B. The transportation of documents burns fuel and releases greenhouse gases. Eliminating paper documents will reduce the amount of fuel used.
- Save time – Printing, stuffing, posting, waiting & chasing all takes time. By going online you can get your time back.
- Save money – Paper, envelopes, ink and postage all costs money.Imagain being able to eliminate this cost.